Stanford University's Persuasive Technology Lab put out the Top 10 Mistakes in Behavior Change. If you're looking to make a change this is the list for you.
1. Relying on willpower for long-term change.
2. Attempting big leaps instead of baby steps.
3. Ignoring how environment shapes behavior.
4. Trying to stop old behaviors instead of creating new ones.
5. Blaming failures on lack of motivation.
6. Underestimating the power of triggers.
7. Believing that information leads to action.
8. Focusing on abstract goals more than concrete behaviors.
9. Seeking to change a behavior forever, not for a short time.
10. Assuming that behavior change is difficult.