We’ve always been responsible for our own learning, but these days it seems we’re doing more of it on our own. Here are some tips for learning.
1. Get out of your comfort zone; the harder we have to work to learn something, the less likely we are to forget it
2. Don’t just write notes when listening to a lecture or reading; recall the information and comment or paraphrase
3. Test yourself; by testing yourself you not only test what you learn but make the information easier to remember
4. If you study something twice, the longer you wait between study sessions the better your recall
5. Switch up where you study
6. Study across concepts – go back and forth between concepts you are trying to learning as opposed to one at a time